Journaling For Self-Care: 26 Prompts
Journaling as self-care allows one to pour into themselves with the words they most need to hear or the darkness they didn’t know they needed to shine some light on.
I’ve been journaling since I was about six, Capricorn kid things :), it’s always helped me to get out of my head. A writing practice allows you to be your own best friend. Your able to spill what’s on your heart, call out your own shit and write until everything makes sense or at least until you feel a little bit more balanced. It’s a powerful tool I encourage us all to tap into.
Don’t get hung up on if your a writer or not, that’s not what’s important, rather it’s that you make the space you need to express yourself. Writing is always available to you – anytime of day, any location under any circumstance. There are no rules except the ones you set for yourself when it comes to your practice, although I do suggest making your sessions feel Royal. For me this means writing amongst beautiful flowers, fresh air or around crystals and candles, do what speaks to you.
Interested in starting a writing ritual? Get started by making space in your mind & schedule. When works best for you to spare a few minutes, and how much time can you allow? All you need to get started is about 20 minutes, adjust as you see fit. Once you have your time frame worked out, have fun styling a space for your writing to take place in. Maybe curled up on the couch with a blanket or pillows, maybe outside on your step. Wherever feels best, choose there and then add too it your materials listed below.
- A journal/ notebook that speaks to your spirit get a cute one from Vagabroad Journals
- A pen you love
- A candle or crystals for ambiance, may I suggest Pure Happiness by Assure’ Arman
- music (optional)
Intention & Intution
Ready set write . . well wait not yet, first set an intention for this (and every) writing session. Allow your intuition to guide you to a prompt of interest, when you find it, write it in journal and get to work. You can decide to write by a timer or until your hand feels sore – do you boo boo! The main takeaway is to put your pen to the paper and not stop until your mind is clear of everything related to the topic you wrote down at the top of your page. You can answer the prompt in a way that is unique to you; a sketch, poem, list, letter . memory, story or a straight conversation with yourself. There is no wrong way to execute this practice, allow your intuition to lead you.
Writing is an excellent exercise for connecting to your intuition, because there is a prompt for every type of mood & energy. For example, if you choose a rewiring prompt you can see the type of things your unconscious mind is focused on. The same way you can also use affirmations to help reprogram negative thoughts and energy by repeatedly seeing the words and remembering their significance. Now that your energy is right – we write.
Self-care Journal Prompts
- What brings me joy?
- What makes me feel safe?
- What triggers me?
- 10 things that put a smile on my face
- What brings me peace?
- Which environments do I feel best in?
- What scares me?
- What does success mean in my owns words?
- What makes me feel Royal?
- Where do I feel the tension in my life?
- What issues am I avoiding, why?
- On a perfect day, what am I doing?
- What does my dream life look like?
- I would really like to talk to _____, here’s why.
- What actions can I take to simplify my life?
- What distractions are hindering me at this point in my life?
- How do I want to feel?
- How have I changed in the last 3 years?
- If I couldn’t fail what would I do?
- If I could confront anyone, who would it be & why?
- 10 things that make me feel calm
- My zodiac sign is ____ which characteristics do I see in myself? (Do a little research)
- Name 5 things your really good at.
- Research & list 7 of your favorite affirmations.
- Write yourself a love letter .
- The perfect morning ritual for me would be . .
Queens were journaling, healing, and radiating our royalty all of 2020. Let me know below or on IG under my journal pic which ones resonated with you most or if you have any other favorites, I’d love to hear them. Self-care looks and feels so many different ways, just make sure whatever you do, you feel Royal.
Happy writing Royal!