It’s ‘get sick season’ in the city and I’m trying not to be next.
I hate feeling bad and I hate taking medicine. A slight scratch in my throat is the only sign I need to start downing herbal teas or taking extra vitamin C. In semi-extreme cases, like today, I take it to the tub. Today’s Sunday soak is tailored to ease body pains & open airways, so I thought I’d share.
Don’t sleep on the benefits of a good bath. They are rejuvenating, provide joint relief, calm eczema flare-ups, break down congestion and lift your spirits. Apple Cider
Adding natural elements to your tub increase the healing &
- Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar( with mother) – The included 30 enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals restores the skin’s natural PH level. ACV also soothes joint pain, removes fungus and film from the skin while killing body odor.
- Dead Sea Salt – Replenishes the body with nutrients like magnesium, calcium zinc and potassium, that are lost throughout the day.
- Epsom Salt- Can be helpful in promoting sleep, calming eczema flare-ups and soothing sore muscles.
- Himalayan Pink Salt- Skin nourishing minerals calm and hydrate simultaneously.
- Grated Ginger- Promotes sweating, to draw out a cold or flu while opening the airways.
- Frankincense essential oil -Strengthens skin elasticity, calms cold weather coughs and inflammation from eczema or psoriasis.
- Eucalyptus oil- An anti-viral, anti-bacterial decongestant that helps break down a hacking cough, and clear stuffy sinuses.
Choose the recipe you need & collect your goods – which may be as close as your kitchen, or as far as the local pharmacy. When your ready begin filling the tub with your desired water temperature. Take note if you have dry skin, hot water will dry it out more than warm. When the tub is half filled add in your ingredients + 2 teaspoons of Olive oil if you have drier skin. Then allow the tub to finish filling to your desire. Turn off the faucet & slide in for at least 25- 30 minutes so your body can absorb all the natural goodness.
Apple Cider Vinegar Bath– Give yourself a full body detox using 1 cup Raw ACV & 1/2 cup Epsom salt, add an essential oil like Frankincense to open your airways and mind. While you soak the ACV will gently pull impurities from the skin, when finished your soak, rinse off briefly in cold water to remove all of the vinegar.
Pink Himalayan + Grated Ginger Salt– A great bath to help you sweat out a cold, literally. Combine 1 cup Pink Himalayan salt & 1/2 cup of grated ginger into your bath water. You could alternatively boil water and then add the grated ginger into a pot and allow to steep for about 45 minutes before adding the pot of water to the filling tub. When your ready slide in and allow your sinuses to clear and your skin to soften while you relax peacefully.
Dead Sea Salt & Eucalyptus oil – A great option for weekly skin maintenance + eczema is enhanced by the inclusion of Eucalyptus essential oil. Add 1 cup of dead sea salt, 3 drops of Argan oil and 8 drops of Eucalyptus to the water before submerging yourself. A rejuvenating soak, the ingredients are great for calming itchy & inflamed skin while helping you to breathe better.
It’s always a good time for a bath, and when